High School Students
TAITA High School Student Leadership Scholarship
TAITA is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 TAITA Student Leadership Scholarship to encourage and recognize scholastic and leadership achievements of high school students. This award will be offered to up to five (5) high school students who will be selected based on a balanced mix of academic accomplishments, participation in extracurricular activities, and involvement in community service. Award winners will be invited to attend the 2020 TAITA Annual Banquet to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.
All student applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- a) The student applicant must enroll junior high school or high school in Northern California at the time of application with minimum average GPA 3.0.
- b) Recommended by ONE TAITA board director or advisor, and two TAITA members, if the applicant who doesn’t know any TAITA board director or advisor can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for recommendation, TAITA will arrange a board director or advisor to talk with the applicant.
- c) Taiwanese or Taiwanese descendants as its priority
Five recipients will be awarded $1,000 each. The application deadline is March 1st, 2020. Please visit www.taita.org to download an application form and additional information.
Provide the following:
- A completed application form (enclosed with this packet)
- A one-page written biography (typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12)
- One letter of recommendation on official letterhead by school teacher or community service organization leader
- An official copy of the most recent transcript, the selection committee will contact finalists for an interview.
The completed application packet should be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020. Please email to email@example.com AND mail the application packet to
TAITA Scholarship Committee/P. O. Box 2174, Sunnyvale, CA
Submit applications with first class mail; do not send registered mail or mail requiring signatures.
Recipients of Scholarship
Award winners will be invited to attend the 2020 TAITA Annual Banquet, April 25th, 2020 in Fremont Marriott Hotel to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.