TAITA College Student Leadership Scholarship
In this highly competitive world, the key to success starts with a strong, educational foundation. These days, having a college education is one of the fundamental stepping stones required to prepare oneself to launching a successful career. Today’s students are not only challenged with competitive academic requirements to enter a good university, but are facing ever-increasing financial burdens to obtain their degrees.
TAITA realizes that there are many young minds that can truly benefit society yet do not have the financial means to continue into higher education. TAITA is pleased to announce the 2019-2020 TAITA College Student Leadership Scholarship which will be awarded to two scholarship recipients. All students who are aspiring to make positive contributions to society are encouraged to apply, especially to those who come from financially disadvantaged backgrounds.
This Scholarship Program aims to provide merit scholarships to incumbent undergraduate college students who are financially disadvantaged in the greater Northern California area. Award winners will be invited to attend the 2020 TAITA Annual Banquet to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.
- a) Incumbent undergraduate college students, or students applying to seminary, who are U.S. citizens, have permanent residency, or are on a student visa.
- b) Recommended by ONE TAITA board director or advisor, and two TAITA members, if the applicant who doesn’t know any TAITA board director or advisor may send a request to email@example.com to ask for recommendation, TAITA will arrange a board director or advisor to talk with the applicant
- c) Students demonstrating a desire to learn and continue their education but are in a financially disadvantaged situation as its priority
Two college recipients will be awarded $2,500 each. The application deadline is March 1st, 2020. Please visit www.taita.org to download an application form and additional information.
Provide the following:
- A completed application form (enclosed with this packet)
- A one-page written biography (typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12)
- A typed essay using ONE of the following themes: “My Dream” or “How I Contribute to My Community”. (Approximately 1000 words)
- One letter of recommendation on official letterhead, signed over the seal of the envelope by a faculty member, teacher, counselor, community leader, or supervisor
- An official copy of the most recent transcript, the selection committee will contact finalists for an interview.
Note: a copy of parent’s or guardian’s most recent IRS-1040 filing may be requested if selected.
The completed application packet should be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND mail the application packet to
TAITA Scholarship Committee/P. O. Box 2174, Sunnyvale, CA
Submit applications with first class mail; do not send registered mail or mail requiring signatures.
Recipients of Scholarship
Award winners will be invited to attend the 2020 TAITA Annual Banquet, April 25th, 2020 in Fremont Marriott Hotel to receive the certificate of scholarship and an award check.